Master of Science in Information Systems and Technology
The MSIST degree offers a distinctive blend of practice-based courses within a renowned research environment. The curriculum has been designed to provide the technical and managerial skills you will need to succeed in the information systems and technologies realm.
The MSIST degree provides a cutting-edge portfolio of concepts, skills, and applications designed to prepare you for the ever growing and changing demands of the IS & T industry. The curriculum is organized as follows.
Four (4) core courses:
- Databases and Big Data
- Software Development and Programming
- Internet Technology and Networking
- IS & T Organizations and Management
Five (5) concentration options (Three (3) courses per concentration)
- Data Science and Data Analytics
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Cybersecurity and Networking
- Health Informatics
- IT Strategy and Innovation
- One (1) Transdisciplinary Elective
- One (1) Practicum
Units and Time to Completion
- 36 units are required
- 32 units for working professionals in IS&T industries (if Practicum is waived)
- 18 months for full-time students
- 24 months for part-time students
Download the MSIST Academic Planning Worksheet
Questions? Contact our Program Coordinator at CISATinfo@cgu.edu!