Get Involved in the GSC
We invite and encourage all graduate students to get involved with the Graduate Student Council. Whatever your interest, skills or background might be, there is a place on the Council for you to explore your interests while networking and learning new things. You can participate regardless of your time commitments - involvement could entail simply coming to our meetings, or you may decide to become more active and remain involved for your entire graduate career at CGU!
The best way to become involved with the GSC is to attend our meetings! They provide students a platform to voice their feedback and ideas, and also gain exposure to the workings of CGU.
In addition to attending our meetings, four good ways to get involved are to:
JOIN A GSC PROJECT OR WORKING COMMITTEE
Volunteer to be part of a committee or project with GSC. The GSC has four committees that are open to all CGU students. Each committee meets biweekly (unless otherwise stated) at the GSC House. See events calendar for our upcoming meetings!
- Check out the GSC semester calendar and email us if you are interested in helping out. It's a great way to meet people, have fun and develop event planning and organization skills.
- We also partner with students and student clubs, so if you have a good idea for an activity that all CGU students can take part in, get in touch with us.
BECOME A REPRESENTATIVE OR DELEGATE
- Department representatives and delegates serve to understand the needs of the graduate student body and convey those needs to the CGU administration and faculty. To review representative and delegate duties and responsibilities, click here.
- Serve as the Diversity Delegate for underserved and underrepresented populations at CGU (African American, Latino/a, LGBTQ, Indigenous, International, Disabled and Korean). The Diversity delegates will be expected to meet with the student associations for the populations listed above at least twice a semester.
- Email the GSC to find out more about representative or delegate and how to become one.
GIVE US FEEDBACK
- If you are unable to attend our GSC General Meetings or Committee meetings you can still get involved with the GSC by giving feedback and comments about particular issues that you think need to be addressed, or ideas you would like to see developed.
- We encourage you to contact us and let us know if you have a question or think there is something additional the GSC could do to improve graduate student life and learning at CGU.