How can we manage being graduate students as well as student leaders who build community?
The GSC uses a model of project teams to maximize leadership opportunities as well as to help us work efficiently and effectively. We encourage all Council members to be Project or Event Lead of one project per semester. This way, each of us has a chance to dream up a project, and make it real. We learn to be leaders, managers and team players.
We invite all CGU students to be part of our projects. If you would like to volunteer to help organize and run any of our events, please contact us. It's a fun way to meet people, have fun and do something different.
Committees and Projects
Volunteer to be part of a committee or project with GSC. The GSC has four internal committees that are open to all CGU students. Each committee meets biweekly (unless otherwise stated) at the GSC House. See events calendar for our upcoming meetings!
- Constitution Committee: Reviews and updates the constitution, by-laws and handbook; oversees elections process; provides checks and balance system for executive board
- Student Affairs Committee: Plans and executes social, academic, professional development and collaborative events for the student body; and oversees club application process
- Budget Committee: Oversees committee and council spending including the Travel and Material Awards process, reviews and provides recommendations to the general council for budget proposals for events, projects and clubs
- Annual Projects Committee: develops and supports advocacy intiatives, volunteer recognition, and oversees commencement student speaker search (this committee meets on an as needed basis)
- Transdisciplinary Committee: advocates for a stronger, vibrant and more visible transdisciplinary research community through socials, research networking, and administrative support
Service on School Committees
Council Members also serve on strategic school committees to represent student perspectives in the school's planning and development. For updated reports, see Committee Reports.
Academic Computing Committee
Advisor Board of Library Planning
Budget Planning & Review Committee
Disaster Preparedness Committee
Physical Planning Committee
Student Learning Outcomes Committee