Master of Science in Information Systems and Technology
The MSIST degree offers a distinctive blend of practice-based courses within a renowned research environment. The curriculum has been designed to provide technical and managerial skills you can use to succeed in the fast moving field of technology.
The MSIST degree provides a cutting-edge portfolio of concepts, skills, and applications designed to prepare you for the ever growing and changing demands of the IT/IS industry. The curriculum is organized as follows.
Four (4) core courses:
- Databases and Big Data
- Software Development and Programming
- Internet Technology and networking
- IS & T Organizations and Management
Five (5) concentration options (consisting of three (3) courses in a concentration):
- Data Science and Data Analytics
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Cybersecurity and Networking
- Health Informatics
- IT Strategy and Innovation
One (1) Elective and (1) Practicum:
- Transdisciplinary/ Elective course
- Practicum (can be waived with permission for working professionals)
Units and Time to Complete
- 36 units is required
- 32 units for working professionals in the IT/IS industries (if Practicum is waived).
- 18 months for full-time students
- 24 months for part-time students
Download the MSIST Academic Planning Worksheet
Questions? Contact our Program Coordinator at CISATinfo@cgu.edu!