GSC House Booking & Use Guidelines
Downloads: GSC House Guidelines, Booking Forms, Feedback Forms
GSC Student House Use Guidelines
Event Type & Scheduling
The GSC House is in a residential area therefore the following rules must be adhered to:
• All events must end by 9 pm
• Noise levels must be kept low. The Student House is not appropriate for loud parties.
• Bookings should be made at least 2 weeks prior to the event
• Bookings will be handled on a first come, first served basis.
Bookings can be made for a single event, or a standing booking on a regular basis. Spaces available for booking are: Office (as long as it is not in use by GSC), Living Room, Workshop Room, Garden, Entire House with Garden, entire house without Garden. You can book a single or multiple rooms/spaces.
Spaces that have not been booked are open for general student use while your event is in progress.
To book, please download and fill out the Booking Form. You will be contacted via email stating whether the house is available or not. If not, then you will be offered an alternative time/date. If yes, then you will be emailed a simple rental agreement that states the date, time, and contact information of the renter.
Contact the House Manager or GSC@cgu.edu to submit the Booking Form and collect the key.
A $20 security deposit in the form of a check will be collected. This will be returned to you when you return the key and the House in good order.
Appropriate Use and Care of the GSC Student House
After the event, please make sure you have taken care of the following:
- Individual/group is/are responsible for securing the house (i.e., locking all of the doors and windows) when they leave.
- Individual/group is/are not to use the GSC supplies, computer, printers, or phone. However, they are free to use the furniture, kitchen appliances, bathroom, A/C, heat, sink and WiFi connection.
- If anything is damaged it will be taken out of the $20 deposit.
- Any issues/damage with the house, should be reported immediately to the House Manager.
- Crimes or suspicious activity should be reported immediately to campus safety (909.621.8170).
- If there is a medical emergency, call campus safety NOT 911 because 911 will eventually have to contact campus safety to get to them.
7. Return all items to where you got them from:
a. Wash, dry and put away things you used in the kitchen.
b. If you moved furniture for your event, put everything back in their original places.
c. Clear the areas you have used of any trash and personal belongings.
d. Please clean the areas you have used so the House is clean and tidy for the next person using it. (i.e., the house should look the same as when they came in).
8. Do not leave trash in the trash bin in the kitchen. Clear the trash and put it in the trash bins outside the house.
9. Clear the wastebasket in the bathroom.
10. Switch off all lights before you leave, including the light outside of the front door.
After your event, please return the key to the House Manager or if advised to Katie Lopez in Student Affairs, Dean of Students office in Harper Hall. Fill in and submit the Feedback Form to the House Manager.
The House Manager will contact you to return the $20 security deposit after the House has been checked and verified to have been returned in good order.
We would like your use of the GSC Student House to be successful and fun. To make sure this is so for everyone using the space, we have a few important guidelines we would like you to follow.