Employment at CGU
Faculty Employment Opportunities
Administrative and Staff Employment Opportunities
Employment is contingent upon new employee providing documents verifying United States citizenship, or for aliens, documents verifying legal permission to work in the United States. According to position requirements, passing a background check, credit history check and/or a functional capacity test may also be required.
EMAIL RESUME and cover letter to: (PREFERRED CHOICE): JOBS@CGU.EDU
Mail: CGU Attn: HR 150 E. Tenth St. Claremont, CA 91711
Fax: (909) 621-8861
Please email or fax your resume, cover letter, and application to be considered for any position
Download Application Form (PDF) (This is not fillable- must save, then scan or fax)
Download Applicant Identification form
Download Complete Background Package
This announcement is posted as available position openings occur. New positions will be held open for a minimum of five days from the date of posting. Repeat postings may be closed at any time.
CGU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, or physical disability in its employment practice and in admission of students to educational programs and activities in accordance with the requirement of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and other applicable laws. CGU is committed to affirmative action in employment practices regarding ethnic minorities, the physically challenged, Vietnam-era veterans, and women.
CURRENT OPENINGS AS OF: May 20, 2013
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SPECIFY JOB POSTING #
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS/UNIVERSITY RECRUITER JOB POSTING# 676
Starting Salary: Dependent Upon Qualifications
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Assistant Director of Admissions assists the Enrollment Management team in enrolling an academically strong, culturally diverse and socially conscious graduate student population to meet Claremont Graduate University’s enrollment goals. The incumbent is goal-oriented and organized, able to assist in calculating the Return-on-Investment (ROI) for various recruitment/marketing campaigns, and works well with the range of campus constituencies to derive effective recruitment strategy.
The Assistant Director will have a solid grounding in Admissions and Recruitment, a passion for assisting students to succeed, and the drive to work with a dynamic recruitment team.
Essential Duties will include:
1. Recruits for all CGU programs while maintaining a special focus; coordinates and participates in campus recruiting activities such as presentations, career fairs, office and campus interviews, Grad Fairs, conferences and other platforms as needed; works to enhance school brand and reputation; assists in the development and support of diversity recruiting efforts across targeted campuses; initiate relationships with niche student organizations and ensures we are achieving our diversity outreach objectives.
2. Establishes relationships with Campus Success offices (career offices, writing centers, etc.), faculty, and students and initiates activities on campus to promote CGU at selected universities including but not limited to advertising, career fairs, information sessions, speaker series events and on–campus interviews; cultivates on–going relationship building with current students to help achieve campus recruiting vision; develops new and innovative methods to differentiate CGU from peer schools / Universities.
3. Records, updates, and analyzes all recruiting data for various programs and marketing initiatives; is able to capture ROI from targeted outreach events; provides creative and cost-effective ideas to innovate recruitment strategy; is able to utilize campus technology solutions to track and benchmark critical data.
4. Assists in identifying and selecting successful candidates; must be able to critically evaluate candidates to have the necessary skills as well as the passion to be successful in graduate school. ensures the accuracy of data for prospects, inquiries and applicants.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must have 2 years’ experience with recruitment in college or University setting or any combination of experience in similar recruitment settings.
Need to have excellent project management skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast–paced environment; Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills (verbal and written); Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team; Demonstrated leadership and team–building abilities; Proficient in MS Office/systems (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint); High energy and passion for recruiting; Creativity, self–confidence, and flexibility; Ability to understand, adapt, and articulate CGU’s culture to an external audience; Must have a willingness to travel as needed during peak recruiting seasons.
CUSTODIAN II JOB POSTING #675
Starting Salary: $11.22 Per Hour
Closing Date: Until Filled
Under general supervision of the Custodial Supervisor, perform duties related to the housekeeping operations at the University. Perform routine and non-routine duties, participate in set-up and breakdown for special events, and move furniture. Perform a variety of cleaning tasks requiring physical fitness, safe working practices, knowledge of cleaning chemicals, methods, procedures, and supplies and equipment. Maintain facilities in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
Working At Intermediate Level:
- Clean offices, classrooms, computer labs, lecture halls, rest rooms, student housing complex; and perform periodic and annual cleaning services/duties.
- Clean toilets, urinals, windows, and furnishings; clean light fixtures; change light bulbs; sweep, and vacuum. Dust and polish a variety of surfaces and wash walls. Clean and disinfect a variety of surfaces. Clean writing surfaces and erasers.
- Scrub and refinish floors and/or carpets; refinish hard, resilient and wood floors; operate mechanical floor cleaners, polishers, and carpet cleaning equipment.
- Must adhere to all safety standards and work practices established by the University and report any unusual or unsafe conditions to supervisory personnel in Facilities as soon as possible.
- Perform furniture set-up and breakdown for meetings and special events; moves furniture, such as desks, desk chairs, mattresses and other furniture as directed.
- Dispose of trash and other debris, remove graffiti, service dispensing machines; activate and deactivate electronic alarm systems; and secure facilities as directed.
- Request cleaning supplies and materials. Maintain well-stocked and organized supply closets and carts.
- Perform minor repairs, including minor plumbing, mechanical or electrical repairs, which may include replacing washers in simple basin faucets, replace lamp bulbs, or tighten door or window hinges, knobs and locks.
- Participate in the university emergency response activities, situations and any other appropriate actions defined.
- Perform other essential duties and tasks specific to the position.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and ability, plus a minimum of two years of paid employment experience in custodial or building maintenance assignments.
Must possess knowledge of maintenance, use, safe operation, and repair of cleaning supplies, tools and equipment. Must have knowledge of cleaning chemicals. Must have knowledge of safe working methods and procedures; Requires ability to learn proper use of fire extinguishers; Must be able to stand, walk, bend, climb, push, pull, stoop, twist, stretch, lift up to 50 pounds from ground to waist level without assistance, climb ladders up to twenty feet with assistance and up to ten feet unassisted, and be able to work on feet for prolonged periods of time; Must be able to effectively and efficiently clean and maintain an assigned area within a predetermined time schedule; Must be able to understand and carry out oral and written directions in the English language; Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships. Hours in this shift may occur when no supervisor is on duty, ability to work independently, without close supervision, is essential; Must wear any safety equipment as required for the duties performed; Required to satisfactorily complete a post-offer functional capacity test.
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR JOB POSTING# 673
Starting Salary: Dependent Upon Qualifications
Closing Date: Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee the campus computing and network services infrastructure including strategy, budgets and emerging technologies.
· Develop and maintain annual operations budget and formulate short-term and long-term goals, policies and procedures.
· Develop and implement a strategic plan that ensures information resources and services are available to support and enhance the education, research and service mission of the university.
· Provide vision and direction for the development of the campus computing resources and other electronic resources.
· Plan and configure the server platforms and core software environment to make the best possible use of university's investment in software and hardware; includes areas such as email, web servers, network and server operating systems, and configuration management.
· Apply best practices in higher education technology management.
· Manage multiple tasks, develop testing strategies and plans, manage and coordinate the work of department resources.
· Analyze and develop project requirements and specifications, timeline development, stakeholder coordination, ROI analysis, budgeting, and reporting.
· Formulate and define technical scope and objectives of projects.
· Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
· Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
· Work with senior management and the faculty on the development and integration of academic and administrative technology.
· Maintain and configure virtual desktop and server infrastructure.
· Tune and optimize server configurations to provide high performance and reliability.
· Ensure network and data integrity, security, disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
· Maintain strong understanding of the interdependencies of the various systems for multiple businesses or functions.
· Identify opportunities for enhancement and risks in delivering IT services, including assessing opportunities for innovation and assessment of obstacles and technical hurdles.
· Assist in developing and reviewing RFP’s for acquiring new IT products and services.
· Establishes standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
· Prepare project status reports and keep management, clients, and others informed of project status and related issues.
· Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
· Develop and maintain technical and project documentation.
· Develop quality assurance test plans; direct quality assurance testing.
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) or related experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Knowledge of and hands-on experience with the following: Windows 8, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Microsoft Windows clustering, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010, Office 365, SharePoint 2007/2010/2013, Microsoft SQL 2008/2012, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, FTP, VMware server virtualization/optimization, Barracuda load balancing and SPAM filtering, Cisco networking and VPN, Cisco ASA, Cisco Prime Infrastructure wireless, EMC SAN/Celerra NAS, intrusion detection and prevention solutions, McAfee Sidewinder firewall configurations, security logging and monitoring solutions, authentication (LDAP/SAML/CAS/Shibboleth), iOS and Android mobile technology, and a general knowledge of networking technologies and infrastructure.
· Knowledge of and experience using system security tools.
· 8+ total years’ experience in network administration, supervisory experience, project management, routing and switching.
· Must have a demonstrated technical knowledge of current computer and telecommunications hardware and software particularly relevant to higher education.
· Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
· Must possess the ability to effectively manage time, negotiate contracts, create and carry out strategic planning, work independently and work varied hours.
· Excellent knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and team-building skills.
EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON NEW EMPLOYEE PROVIDING DOCUMENTS VERIFYING U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR, FOR ALIENS, DOCUMENTS VERIFYING LEGAL PERMISSION TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. APPLICANTS ACCEPTABILITY FOR POSITIONS REQUIRING USE OF A COLLEGE VEHICLE IS CONTINGENT UPON A DRIVING RECORD ACCEPTABLE TO THE COLLEGE’S AUTOMOBILE LIABILITY INSURANCE. PROMOTION FROM WITHIN IS ENCOURAGED WHENEVER QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES OF CLAREMONT GRADUATE UNIVERSITY ARE AVAILABLE. INTERESTED EMPLOYEES ARE URGED TO CONTACT THE DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES IF QUALIFIED FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE OPENINGS. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT DEPARTMENTS DIRECTLY.
Claremont Graduate University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, place of national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, or physical handicap in its employment practice and in admission of students to educational programs and activities in accordance with the requirements of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and other applicable laws. Claremont Graduate University is committed to affirmative action in employment practices regarding ethnic minorities, the physically handicapped, Vietnam-era veterans and women. Inquiries may be directed to the Human Resources Department, 150 East Tenth Street, Claremont, California 91711, (909) 607-7816.